This is the One Lovely Blog Award, given to us by our friend Laura of Beginning Life at 43, who writes honestly and positively about what inspires her. She has recently started running marathons, thanks to her trainer Max, a beautiful brindle dog I could easily fall in love with. They make a fantastic team and their hard work and persistence is commendable. As racing dogs, we’ve tried and tried to get Annabelle to run with us, but she’s just too lazy.
We’d like to say a big thank-you to Laura for nominating us for this award. Now it’s our turn to nominate some other special bloggy friends (listed at the end of this post). Here are the rules for those who choose to accept it (no pressure!):
- Thank the person who has nominated you. Provide a link to his/her blog.
- List these rules and display the award image.
- Include 7 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers and let them know they’ve been nominated. This is a way to introduce others to bloggers you love.
- Display the award logo and follow the blogger who nominated you (if you’re not following already).
We’ve been fighting over who gets the 7 facts. In the end Pearl and I very generously decided Annabelle could have them because if you’ve followed this blog you know a lot about me and Pearl already. So here are 7 interesting facts about Annabelle:
- She can’t cook and lives on tinned curry.
- Her favourite meal is fish and chips. She always orders it when she goes out to eat.
- She listens to music with lots of weird noises in it.
- She likes absurd humour.
- As well as writing, she enjoys drawing cartoons and learning impossible pieces on the piano (how our delicate ears suffer!)
- She loves the sea and is fascinated by giant waves.
- She recently wrote a short story about World War One which is going to be published in an anthology.
And here are the lucky nominees:
- The Adventures of Pinky Poinker
- Farfetched Friends
- Putting in a Good Word…
- Little Dogs Laughed
- Tripping Over Pebbles in the Dark
- Raising Daisy
- Dancing in the Sunshine
- The Twisted Yarn
- The Cricket Pages
- Journey to the Finish Line
- Is It Just Me?
- Peak Perspective
We’d like to thank all the above for their ongoing support of this blog. We’d also like to thank The Alternative How To, My Journey So Far, S K Nicholls: My Brand of Genius, Jennylloydwriter, and A Fictional Take on the News for their interest in Annabelle’s book. We hope you enjoy their blogs as much as we do!