In a recent blog post, Marquessa posed the following question: “If you could choose your own life obstacles, would you keep the ones you have?”
My answer was absolutely not! I won’t go into them here, but given the chance to ditch my current life obstacles I would do it without a second thought.
I realise every life has to have some obstacles, and if I were to trade in my current ones I’d have to accept others in their place. Here are some suggestions for life obstacles that would be acceptable to me:
- I can’t find a reliable mechanic to service my private plane
- My swimming pool could do with being a bit bigger
- I’ve only got 20 pairs of shoes
- I’d like 5 holidays a year, but my well-paid and wonderfully fulfilling career only allows me to have 3
- Everyone thinks I’m just a pretty face
- If I wanted to write a story about going to the doctor’s I wouldn’t have a clue as I’ve never had to go
Call me shallow, but I’m sure these challenges would make me a better person. If I was going to “learn and grow” from the ones I’ve got, I’d have done it by now!
NB – Apologies to anyone looking for Keith’s post from yesterday – I had to take it down because Keith pressed the Publish button before it was finished. The full post will be published when he’s finished it.